The Director of Audience Development will work closely with NOVA’s executive and senior management to strengthen the visibility, awareness, viewership and value of the series and NOVA brand among all audiences, and across all platforms. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy aimed at increasing NOVA’s audience on air and online, including innovative approaches to expanding and integrating NOVA’s world class long and short form video content and digital text publishing, increasing multi-platform social media following and engagement, and cultivating new and more diverse audiences.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Oversee branding and messaging for all NOVA content.
• Create a cutting edge, multi-platform distribution network aimed at an expanded and engaged audience for NOVA, maximizing its established and beloved brands (e.g., NOVA long and short form video, NOVA Wonders, NOVA Next, NOVA Labs, etc.), voice, and style.
• Experiment with NOVA content across emerging platforms, ensuring the brand is consistent and appropriate to the specific platform and audience.
• Participate in the creation and development of new digital experiences by serving as an in-house thought leader and content visionary.
• Maintain awareness of changing digital landscape and trends, keeping the NOVA leadership and staff updated and informed.
• Comprehensively measure, track and report cross-platform results for each major effort. Encourage and track audience feedback. Organize and oversee focus groups and questionnaires to elicit feedback. Communicate actionable feedback to NOVA leadership.
• Develop a plan to better determine what combination of strategies and tactics influence and drive increased viewership and ratings.
• Oversee production of promotional assets for each NOVA experience. As required, write content and project descriptions for use in award entries, proposals, and promotional releases.
• Work closely with digital producers to ensure that digital content is titled, designed, packaged, distributed and promoted for maximum reach and impact, while staying true to NOVA’s brand and voice.
WGBH offers a comprehensive package of benefits to help employees meet individual and family needs whenever they arise. In addition to a wide range of options for core insurance benefits, WGBH employees may take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)and retirement plan options, along with many other benefits and services—from tuition assistance to entertainment and retail discounts
The successful candidate will be able to quickly and thoroughly immerse him or herself into NOVA's editorial, production, digital and marketing organization, resulting in a complete understanding of NOVA’s mission, objectives, and opportunities.
• Long-form savvy individual with a strong background in digital, marketing and audience development. Exceptional journalistic and oral
communication skills, and a strong attention to detail.
• Seasoned manager with proven experience developing integrated plans within complex organizations.
• Results oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and timely manage resources and multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and work collaboratively with talent, creative teams and business staff, in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor's degree required.