The Week is looking for an Account Manager to help continue to grow its NY & Boston territories. The ideal candidate will be NYC-based and should have 3+ years of media experience and/or 2+ year(s) of advertising sales experience. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the advertising sales process for The Week magazine, TheWeek.com, and The Week's tablet/mobile app. This role requires a firm grasp of media planning and buying, print and online advertising, the Thought Leader category, and specifically, the qualitative and quantitative merits of The Week's portfolio.
- Aggressively grow existing and prospective accounts across The Week's print, digital, and mobile properties
- Engage in rigorous prospecting and follow-up with potential advertisers to expand revenue pipeline
- Maintain deep and personal relationships with current and prospective clients and provide exceptional client support
- Creatively sell The Week's assets outside of the "general presentation" via creative emails, mailings, and other collateral.
- Develop, sell, execute, and manage long-term multi-platform programs utilizing one's knowledge of multiple media channels
Medical, vision, dental and 401K
- BS/BA required
- 2+ year(s) of print and or digital sales experience preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, and problem-solving
- Strong relationships and contacts within the NY & Boston advertising agency communities
- Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills