The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring you the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice. We are looking for a full-time Senior Media Buyer to exceed target goals and increase audience reach through purchased ad traffic across digital platforms.
As our Senior Media Buyer you will:
- Report to our Chief Strategy Office and work to drive customer acquisition and engagement through advertising channels by planning, creating, evaluating and refining paid social campaigns that efficiently drive new and existing customer revenue.
- Lead our Media Team by managing our Media Buyer and overseeing paid advertising channel’s day-to-day trafficking, QA, test execution, optimizations, troubleshooting, targeting, producing ad copy and creative.
- Build and manage media purchasing budget and spend to maximize ROI, profit targets and monthly budget forecasting.
- Build relationships with key publishers and marketing technology partners such as Facebook, Google, etc.
- Identify challenges and opportunities facing media campaigns and strategically review new channels/vendors to increase ROI and scale goals.
- Oversee our channel management by working with our Media Buyer to modify running campaigns, communicating feedback from channels to production team and manage delivery/performance of campaigns.
- Represent the company at relevant conferences and events, working to build relationships with key publishing advertisers.
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 15 million monthly readers and our company was just named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016 & 2017.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are a young company undergoing rapid growth and we want you to grow with us! At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental, vision insurance, unlimited PTO, continuing education reimbursements and 401(k).
- 5+ years media buying experience working in the online media, media agency or e-commerce industry with a proven track record of achieving high ROI of campaigns.
- A background in and demonstrated experience consistently exceeding target goals for strategic media purchasing across multiple channels, with an emphasis on Facebook.
- Ability to drive media purchasing by building and managing successful teams as well as optimizing paid campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Deep knowledge of and extensive experience with Media buys, retargeting and paid social media advertising.
- Excellent grasp of current digital media concepts, strategy and best practices and deep understanding of emerging competitor & industry trends.
- Ability to effectively manage a spending budget and project future spends based on YOY analysis.
- Strong business judgement and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and execute the highest impact initiatives.
- Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present recommendations at the C-Suite level.
- Experience managing/coaching junior employees and working with our in-house Media Buyer to generate ideas, execute on A/B testing and communicate results to the C-Suite based on ROI opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives, appropriately balance strategic and execution activities, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Google Adwords/Analytics Certified