The Cheat Sheet is a pop media company dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring readers the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
We are looking for a process-driven Project Manager to join our team and work with our Production team to optimize our workflows for efficiency and ensure deliverables are met within scope and budget.
As our Project Manager you will:
- Report into our Director of Operations and work with production team leaders to own the entire project lifecycle to continue to improve on our existing editorial workflow.
- Overcome project and task management stumbling blocks and hurdles to keep projects on track.
Break projects and tasks down to manageable pieces to develop accurate and realistic performance and time estimates.
- Help define scope, goals, deliverables, and required resources for Production projects.
Support Production team leaders from pre-project planning to post-project assessments.
- Manage multiple projects without losing effectiveness and making additional availability for daily work responsibilities including weekly project status reporting.
- Create project roadmaps for each of the production projects.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Product Manager to create SOPs and document Production processes.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long term goals.
- Develop project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 15 million monthly readers and our company was named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016 + 2017.
- We are a tightly knit team passionate about our product and we strive to be experts in our fields. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere you choose. We have a distributed workforce, which means you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance as well as 401k contributions.
- We’re extraordinarily passionate (Passion)
- We play to win (Excellence)
- We’re adaptable and dream big (Adaptability)
- We’re a herd of Happy Rainbow Sheep (Teamwork)
- We take ownership of our work. (Ownership)
- We work in our fuzzy slippers (Remote work)
- 3+ years of project management experience in digital media, e-commerce or technology industries.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to identify, analyze, interpret and solve practical as well as highly complex problems.
- Proven ability to schedule and manage resources assigned to your projects as well as manage the schedule of work for all phases.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in project scope including documenting and explaining implications of changes so they are clearly understood and approved company-wide.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating effectively with Leadership team and high level of customer service for communicating with our entire Production team.
- Exceptional prioritization skills and experience working with Google Suite, Asana and Slack is preferred but not required.
- Extremely self-motivated and comfortable taking ownership of projects and working independently in a 100% remote environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management and communication skills.
- Agile and adaptable; able to handle a fast changing landscape and think on your toes.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is preferred but not required.