Smithsonian Enterprises is seeking a Digital Planning and Ad Operations Manager for our Washington, DC office to be actively involved in the management and optimization of all aspects of digital advertising placements, both direct and programmatic, for Smithsonian Media’s websites and mobile platforms, including Smithsonian.com, AirSpaceMag.com and TweenTribune.com.
- Independently manage all post-sale online advertising activity to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and reduce revenue leakage – this includes trafficking, delivery reporting, optimizations and assistance in resolution of billing discrepancies.
- Collaborates with sales and digital teams on incoming RFPs, agency grids, forms and proactive proposals in order to formulate media plans to meet client objectives.
- Traffics digital advertising campaigns in DoubleClick for Publishers (ad server) and programmatic platforms. Ensures on-time deployment and accuracy.
- Tests incoming ads and works with responsible parties to troubleshoot creative and tagging issues.
- Manages the implementation of native content and video placements through ad servers and on-site.
- Manages the optimization of ongoing campaigns based on performance metrics, including impressions, click through and view ability to ensure the best possible outcome for advertising clients.
- Ensures effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs, and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations.
- Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests and proactive resolution of potential issues.
- Pulls available inventory for proposals/grids.
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Transit/Commuter Benefits, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Annual and Sick Leave, Family Friendly Leave, 403b Retirement Plan, Discounts for Smithsonian Memberships, Museum Stores and Restaurants, Credit Union, Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (Child Care), Flexible Spending Account (Health & Dependent Care)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in digital ad sales operations, preferably for an online media publication.
- Work experience with DoubleClick for Publishers or a similar ad server, a Web content management system and basic HTML.
- Strong analytics skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to handle several projects at once under deadline pressure are essential.
- Ability to analyze the key metrics needed to measure success and synthesize actionable next steps.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and possess strong communication skills, particularly the ability to interpret data and convey technical details to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to work effectively with both internal team members from multiple divisions and outside clients.
- Experience creating accurate impression and revenue projections based on data.