Smithsonian Enterprises is seeking an Advertising Operations and Yield Optimization Manager in our Washington, DC office to be actively involved in the management and optimization of all aspects of digital advertising placements, both direct and programmatic, for Smithsonian Media’s websites and mobile platforms, including Smithsonian.com, AirSpaceMag.com and TweenTribune.com.
- Manages the implementation, execution and optimization of digital advertising campaigns across all Smithsonian Media properties, including Smithsonian.com, AirSpaceMag.com and TweenTribune.com.
- Collaborates with sales and digital teams on incoming RFPs, agency grids, forms and proactive proposals in order to formulate media plans to meet client objectives.
- Traffics digital advertising campaigns in DoubleClick for Publishers (ad server) and programmatic platforms. Ensures on-time deployment and accuracy.
- Tests incoming ads and works with responsible parties to troubleshoot creative and tagging issues.
- Manages the implementation of native content and video placements through ad servers and on-site.
- Manages the optimization of ongoing campaigns based on performance metrics, including impressions, click through and view ability to ensure the best possible outcome for advertising clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in digital ad sales operations, preferably for an online media publication.
- Work experience with DoubleClick for Publishers or a similar ad server, a Web content management system and basic HTML.
- Strong analytics skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to handle several projects at once under deadline pressure are essential.
- Ability to analyze the key metrics needed to measure success and synthesize actionable next steps.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and possess strong communication skills, particularly the ability to interpret data and convey technical details to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to work effectively with both internal team members from multiple divisions and outside clients.
- Experience creating accurate impression and revenue projections based on data.