PATH’s Global Engagement & Communications Team leads PATH's brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH's work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
Under the leadership of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), we are currently transforming PATH’s brand and communications strategy to drive revenue, awareness, and overall impact for the organization. We recently hired three world-class creative firms to rebrand the organization, completely redesign our website, and reimagine our overall marketing efforts with a focus on data-driven communications that increase PATH’s overall impact.
As part of our brand transformation, we are restructuring our marketing teams and combining our digital and traditional earned, owned, and paid efforts under a single team, which we are now recruiting our first-ever Head of Media to lead. The integration of these teams will merge media relations, social community management, events, community relations, promotion, paid social, search, email, and display into one team. The Head of Media will expand and lead this newly formed team; continue to evolve and enhance our global media strategy and investment; and help drive our transformation toward a global, data-driven, digital-first brand.
The Head of Media will report to the CMO and be part of a global leadership team along with our Creative Director and Head of Marketing Strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Set the strategic vision for our global media strategy to drive toward new audience generation, inbound audience management, and audience conversion, retention, and growth.
- Build and lead a world-class team of marketers across traditional and digital engagement disciplines including: paid, content management, media relations, influencer relations, social, SEM, inbound marketing automation, web content, email, community relations, events, promotion, sales automation, lead qualification/generation, remarketing, and more.
- Own channel marketing strategy and total integrated (earned, owned, paid) media spend.
- Develop and execute organization-wide content strategy, with a focus on channel optimization, brand consistency, and storytelling; to include governance and processes to operationalize.
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices (capabilities and tool stack) for content creation, distribution, promotion, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation and optimization of content strategies.
- Partner with the Global Head of Marketing Strategy to lead the transformation of our channel and structure-based marketing strategies to a fully consumer-centric approach, based on key audience journeys; audiences include individual donors, corporate partners and donors, government and foundation donors, and PATH employees worldwide.
- Design, test, and refine media strategies based on our specific, data-informed audience funnels.
- Partner with the head of employee engagement to develop a channel and distribution strategy for our 1600 person team worldwide.
- Partner closely with your counterparts in Creative and Strategy to produce amazing creative work that is rooted in strategy and insights.
- Determine gaps in current structures, processes, and capabilities and work with CMO to improve overall communications performance.
- Provide industry insights and competitive analysis of the digital space to the CMO and other leaders.
- A visionary marketer with a thorough understanding of traditional and digital media landscapes, and a strong foundation in holistic channel planning and the dynamics of large-scale, global media investments across all channels and platforms. Minimum of 10 years related experience is required.
- A trusted team leader with extensive experience attracting, managing, and growing highly analytical, high performing teams.
- Seasoned in guiding global brands’ approach to the broad ecosystem of traditional and digital channels.
- An expert in leading the process and team responsible for designing, implementing, reporting and optimizing media investment across programmatic, video, social, and traditional media.
- Deeply familiar with online marketing practices and tactics, including SEM, SEO, display, email, social, and familiar with planning, analytics, and various campaign measurement and modeling concepts such as: MediaTools, Prisma, Doubleclick Suite (DCM, DBM), Adwords, Facebook, Adobe Marketing Cloud, & Comscore, Commspoint, Telmar, MRI & Kantar Strategy.
- Experienced in setting strategy and leading market-based teams focused on local initiatives, promotions, and events.
- Well versed in media management, able to analyze all aspects of metrics including cost-per-lead and cost-per-account and up-funnel engagement metrics.
- An expert in client services, able to work with a wide range of stakeholders including executive and c-suite leaders within PATH and within our partner organizations.
- Curious by nature, intrigued by solving problems, and well versed in the creative industry and marketing trends.
- A change agent, who appreciates an evolving environment.
- Passionate about both what we do as an organization (global health) and within our department (marketing and communications).
- Excited about the opportunity to transform a global brand to directly impact global health.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.