PATH’s Global Engagement & Communications Team leads PATH's brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH's work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
Under the leadership of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), we are currently transforming PATH’s brand and communications strategy to drive revenue, awareness, and overall impact for the organization. We recently hired three world-class creative firms to rebrand the organization, completely redesign our website, and reimagine our overall marketing efforts with a focus on data-driven communications that increase PATH’s overall impact.
We are now recruiting our first-ever Head of Marketing Strategy to provide overall marketing strategy leadership for the organization; build a premier marketing strategy, analytics, and operations team; and lead the formation and evolution of our strategy and insights disciplines to impact our fundraising, advocacy, and overall business goals to impact global health.
The Head of Marketing Strategy will report to the CMO and be part of a global leadership team along with our Creative Director and Head of Media.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with the CMO to establish, evolve, and develop the marketing planning, analytics, operations, and overall go-to-market (GTM) disciplines at PATH; and to develop PATH’s overall marketing growth strategy.
- Build, mentor, and manage a highly analytical, and high performing team of strategists, analytics experts, and operations staff.
- Lead the strategy team in the development of actionable and innovative marketing initiatives aligned with PATH’s overall revenue, advocacy, and growth goals.
- Develop and operationalize go-to-market programs and initiatives from concept to execution; scale and champion GTM approach across the organization.
- Act as liaison to the Global Engagement leadership team in the development of strategic and integrated plans, rooted in audience insights and research.
- Partner with the Head of Media to lead the transformation of our channel and structure-based marketing strategies to a fully consumer-centric approach; audiences include individual donors, corporate partners and donors, government and foundation donors, and PATH employees worldwide.
- Oversee market research, track and compile industry trends, and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies.
- Lead the development of a deep analytical understanding of our audience journeys and drive efforts to track and measure all parts of the journey, from awareness to conversion; gather and analyze insights about the attitudes, needs, behaviors, and relationships of all stakeholders.
- Develop frameworks, tools, and processes to incorporate research and analytics into all marketing activities and decision-making; including developing trend analysis, dashboards, and business insights.
- Partner with CIO and leadership to evaluate marketing technology capabilities and opportunities, and build a roadmap for priority technology development.
- Partner closely with your counterparts in Creative and Media to produce amazing creative work that is rooted in strategy and insights.
- Determine gaps in current structures, processes, and capabilities and work with CMO to improve overall communications performance.
- Develop and present high-level, data-driven recommendations clearly to leadership across the organization.
- Develop, test, and report on relevant KPIs for all marketing activities.
- 10+ years of experience in Communications or related field.
- A visionary and trusted team leader with extensive experience attracting, managing, and growing highly analytical, high performing teams. Minimum of 10 years related experience is required.
- Experienced in highly analytical environments with a background across some combination of media, communications, consulting, business development, and digital marketing.
- Highly experienced in strategic marketing planning (positioning, market and audience research, marketing technology, pricing, competitive strategies, etc.); MBA preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to simplify the complex, present holistic plans and results throughout the organization, and build excitement and buy-in to analytics objectives and findings.
- Deeply familiar with online marketing practices and tactics, including SEM, SEO, display, email, social.
- Experience driving decision making and strategy for major marketing technology advancements and/or implementations.
- Experience driving decisions in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- An expert in client services, able to work with a wide range of stakeholders including executive and c-suite leaders within PATH and within our partner organizations.
- Curious by nature, intrigued by solving problems, and well versed in the creative industry and marketing trends.
- A change agent, who appreciates an evolving environment.
- Passionate about both what we do as an organization (global health) and within our department (marketing and communications).
- Excited about the opportunity to transform a global brand to directly impact global health.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.