- Edit copy to improve readability for an audience that includes knowledgeable insiders and lay people curious about the industry.
- Generate story ideas and work with reporters to refine and focus their stories.
- Copyedit, backread.
- Time permitting, write quick stories that fit in with the news cycle.
- Ability to work fast, switch between long and short form, and detect BS.
- Sense of humor a must.
- An understanding of the underpinnings of digital media and marketing.
- Firm grasp of AP style.
- 5-7 years working in a digital news environment on tight deadlines.