Who we are: An ambitious crew bent on moving beyond the usual “decision-maker” cliches of B2B content marketing and advertising. Currently, we’re project managing ourselves when really we want to concentrate on making great stuff.
Who you are: A natural-born planner with great creative contacts and 3-5 years of production/pm. You execute projects flawlessly, having mastered the art and science of managing a team. Ideally, you’ve worked at a publisher or small- to medium agency and are excited to work closely with the writers, designers, strategists and account managers that make up our small team.
As Project Manager, your first and foremost responsibility will be managing all projects--large and small to ensure seamless execution of all campaigns. So each project is organized, managed, and communicated until the very last deliverable is confidently completed and tied with a bow. As Producer, you’ll know just who to bring in when crucial creative talent is needed because your network is wide and full of all the right contacts.
Sign on at this transformative moment for our business and you’ll be rewarded with the satisfaction of making an instantaneous impact, forging brand new project management procedures and generally improving the quality of life (and work) for a team of creatives currently doing it all themselves.
What You'll Do:
- Manage small, tactical native campaigns production with as much zeal as you manage our emerging larger-scale creative efforts.
- Build strong relationships with project team members and lead meetings to facilitate communication between them. Plus, provide timely and relevant updates.
- Help implement a streamlined workflow of agency processes, and secure approvals as necessary.
- Work with the sales team to outline scope of work.
- Work with the production team to schedule projects.
- Organize and set clear expectations for all project tasks and deliverables
- Monitor and document changes in project scope, and make adjustments as needed to ensure that project timelines, budgets, and quality are not adversely affected
- Manage production progress and creatively problem-solve issues affecting job quality, due dates and costs
- Track projects, open job numbers and input estimates and budgets prior to kick-off
- Track estimates to actual costs during the project lifecycle and manage costs to budget
- Share ideas for improvement!
What you’ll need:
- You have 3-5+ years of project management experience
- You have agency-side experience
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and you work well in a fast-paced environment
- You pay close attention to details and know how to manage workflow processes
- You’re good at Google (Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Hangout, etc.), and you’re familiar with Excel, Basecamp, TeamGantt or other project management software solutions
- You have great communication skills.
- Sense of humor a must.