Seeker is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to oversee and produce a catalogue of original video content, including short documentaries, studio shows and animated/mixed media formats.
The right candidate will possess a good editorial instinct, a high-level of creativity, and an advanced understanding of the production process at every stage.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are excellent storytellers with a knack for developing, writing and producing compelling narratives for digital platforms. The ability to find the through line of a story, particularly with science content, needs to be part of your DNA - pun intended!
You should also have a track record of being able to lead, motivate, and inspire a team to deliver exceptional, significant and impactful stories.
- Produce content as assigned from end-to-end
- Evaluate and approve story ideas and pitches with team members and outside parties
- Writing and editing scripts and QC content as necessary
- Watch, review and make notes on edits
- Uphold Seeker’s editorial standards and brand voice from pitch to delivery
- Create and manage team content project schedules and resource plans
- Communicate brand & project goals, deadlines, and other information to team members, and internal/external stakeholders to ensure deliverables for all projects are met
- Oversee end to end production of small, and large scale projects on time and within budget
- Leverage data-driven insights to grow audience, engagement and viewer retention across multiple media platforms
- Partner with sales and branded content to to create and execute Ad opportunities within Seeker original content
- Assist in the development, planning and production of new Seeker properties
- Evaluate and leverage individuals’ strengths in order to properly staff projects; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow
- Manage a team of Producers, Editors, and Host/Writers
- Perform other duties as required