The Post Production Manager must have a depth of technical experience in video post-production and this role requires a strong video production background, graphics knowledge a plus.
The ideal candidate is a curious and highly creative self-starter who works well with other teams, is organized, has a love of troubleshooting, a comprehensive knowledge of post-production workflow, and has a keen understanding of NowThis' mission and content.
This position reports to the Head of Production and IT.
- Work closely with the Video team in developing a post-production strategy, streamlining workflows and asset organization for media
- Create and maintain post-production guide unique to NowThis
- Stay in tune with cutting edge software and hardware developments in the industry and work with production team to find ways to integrate these into our workflow.
- Train and support other editors and freelancers on best practices
- Research and develop future post-production and archival solutions
- Document post-production processes and procedures
- Collaborate with IT to identify and troubleshoot technology related bottlenecks and partner in assisting to deliver tech projects to support the core editorial/productionteams.
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Report appropriate music usage to APM
- Manage a b-roll library
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- 4+ years experience in developing and producing Web Video content across multiple platform and formats
- Proficient with Premiere Pro, the Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, Pluraleyes, REDCINE-X PRO
- Expert in digital production workflow, tools, and technologies
- Basic experience with audio programs (ie ProTools or Audacity)
- Working knowledge of file sharing services (ie Dropbox, Google drive, Frame.io, Signiant) a must
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Experience with MAM and DAM (or DIT) systems a strong plus
- Understanding of Live stream workflow and Live Production
- Experience managing 4k workflow systems, Linux, and managing video servers a plus.
- Impeccable work ethic with strong creative, organizational and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Can work independently and within a team
- Willingness to travel (production, our other offices and industry events) as and when needed.