The event programmer role will support and work directly with the events content editor to ensure the programming on stage at Digiday events is executed at a high level.
This role is for someone who is extremely organized and can pay close attention to detail. The event programming coordinator should be a self-starter and have the ability to work with multiple teams on multiple projects with tight timelines. This person should also be able to conduct research on potential speakers and pull together lists for outreach.
About our events:
Our events are a large and growing part of our business. It’s also an exciting opportunity to help shape on-stage content across a variety of topic areas at Digiday Media, across our entire portfolio of brands. That means multi-day and one-day events about marketing, media, fashion, luxury and finance.
Our events bring together top-tier executives in those industries at some of the world’s most beautiful locations. We consider them a live representation of our editorial brand. This is an editorial position; candidates ideally have experience working in a media or journalism company.
- Confirming speaking logistics with speakers
- Maintain and update the event site agenda
- Create event slides and event run of show
- Work with speakers to craft presentation ideas
- Work with the wider events team to refresh and creatively reimagine our entire suite of events, including testing new innovative on-stage formats.
- Work onsite at events to ensure programming is executed at a high level.
- Create event theme-and speaker-related content leading up to and at Digiday events
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter
- Ability to work with multiple teams and manage multiple deadlines
- Some understanding of the media and marketing industries
- The ability to write clearly and quickly
- Creative ideas for fostering the sharing of ideas and challenges.
*Please include salary requirement in cover letter.*