The Director of Display Advertising Sales is one of EPE’s senior sales executives, with direct responsibility for managing all salespeople within the Display advertising team. His/her primary goal is to meet the organization’s strategic objectives for profitable revenue growth from Display advertising sales activities, including annual, quarterly, and product-line revenues goals.
The Director of Display Advertising plays a critical frontline sales management role for EPE. He/she, in collaboration with the General Manager, Global Sales, provides oversight of Display sales staffing, forecasting and budgeting, territories and targets, compensation structures and staff professional development, while continuing to build a culture of accountability across Display sales by establishing appropriate KPIs, measuring those indicators and tying compensation and advancement to results.
- Minimum three (3) years managing sales teams to include goal setting, coaching and development and growth
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a consultative B2B sales role, with a track record of success with customer-facing selling to large enterprise accounts. Preferably selling B2B and K-12 marketing solutions to VP level decision makers
- Strong understanding of B2B or K-12 marketing, including strategy, customer priorities and challenges, and emerging trends
- Deep understanding of B2B sales and B2B sales management, including but not limited to territory planning and management, consultative selling, and pipeline management
- Excellent sales coaching skills. Ability to identify both team-wide and individual improvement opportunities and solutions, and provide continuous training and support that elevates rep performance.
- Knowledge of current trends in media/publishing, B2B marketing services/advertising, and K-12 education
- Support development and ensure execution of overall Display team strategy, in partnership with the General Manager, Global Sales & Advertising Product Management and the Director of Marketing
- Manage the Display Advertising sales team, including Account Executive(s) and Regional Advertising Manager(s) and develop reports to continually higher levels of performance and potential
- Serve as a public/customer-facing thought leader for EPE’s Display advertising team, e.g. hosting Leadership Dinners and on-site customer presentations of EdMarketer research
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Department to ensure: marketing campaigns support Display advertising revenue objectives, positioning of solutions is aligned across Display sales and marketing activities, and Display sales and marketing tactics work in concert to support overall Display team strategy, e.g. lead generation and nurturing by marketing transitions smoothly to lead follow through by sales
- Apply a deep understanding of key Display advertising customer-value drivers and insights to help develop compelling narratives and value propositions for EPE’s Display advertising products and services
- Recruit, interview, and hire candidates for open Display sales positions, in conjunction with the General Manager, Global Sales, and other staff members as appropriate
- Regularly evaluate employee performance and identify professional development goals; completing annual performance appraisals in a timely manner and setting future goals for staff
- Bachelor’s degree, proficient in Salesforce, and working familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel as necessary