The Head of Video Influencer Strategy & Programming for Edelman’s Starview group will be responsible for driving a unified vision across the Edelman network for the newly created video influencer division, Starview. This role will oversee a US team of experts who manage the sourcing, development, and packaging of cross-platform social influencer brand integrations.
This position can be located in any of our US offices.
Ideal candidates will have a passion and knowledge of digital media, branded video content, social platforms, and the talent management space, and a proven track record of prospecting, negotiating and closing deals to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of Edelman’s clients. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to manage and develop relationships across the social influencer landscape and will assist in the development of campaigns that fit within larger 360 degree integrated campaigns across a portfolio of clients in various verticals.
This is a great opportunity to shape and define this emerging space, using the power of an integrated talent, creative, production, paid media and analytics team.
- Create and drive a strategic vision for our work in the cross-platform video/digital influencer space.
- Define processes to support rapid growth: build national team structure with initial focus in LA, Chicago, NY, develop pipeline of prospective clients, create operational models for P&L management.
- Re-define metrics, guidelines and philosophy, and develop agency-wide POVs around the influencer space.
- Ensure Starview agency website, case studies and press stay current; participate in speaking engagements and thought leadership development.
- Travel to Edelman’s 10 offices across the US to support new business and unlock new opportunities.
- Identify trends in the industry, opportunities for success and risks to execution and operate and advise senior management accordingly.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients who activate or are likely to activate influencer marketing campaigns.
- Build strong relationships with influencers, talent agencies, multi-channel networks and other customers to ensure long-term success.
- Share expertise and advise clients on new campaign ideas to generate continued results
- Work with all operational teams to ensure campaigns success.
- Actively participate in account and campaign management and work with internal account management and ad operations to ensure client satisfaction.
- Elevate the opportunity and offerings around influencers and brand integrations across the various teams of the Edelman network including account, creative, production and strategy teams.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong understanding of social media, influencers, content creators and the larger MCN ecosystem.
- Passion and familiarity with top influencer talent across various platforms and verticals.
- Enthusiasm and entrenched knowledge spanning media, entertainment and technology.
- Self-starter, thrives in dynamic and fast paced environments.
- At least 10 years working in the with content development and creation.
- At least 8 years previous experience in a talent management and/or sales role at an MCN or comparable talent agency.
- Outgoing individual with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Willing to travel to build/grow influencer relationships
- Attendance of appropriate industry events and conferences to effectively network and grow your industry knowledge
- Excellent business writing, training, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, while being open to direction and guidance
- Good analytical skills in both understanding marketer objectives and analyzing campaign performance
- MCN and talent agency contacts at both senior and junior levels required