Role / Purpose:
We are looking for pioneering digital visionary to lead and help continue our rapid growth across our six offices on the west coast. The SVP, Performance Marketing will oversee an integrated activation team spanning Media Planning & Buying, SEO, Technology and Advanced Analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to blend their own area of expertise with managing a high performing team of specialists, in order to grow these practices both independently and as a combined capability. The SVP, Performance Marketing will have final responsibility for significantly increasing and proving optimal ROI for all our clients, working closely with counterparts from our Strategy, Creative, Tech, UX and Content teams. He or she will also be a key figure in business development and pitches across our global network.
This role can be based in any Edelman west coast office.
- Achieving exemplary ROI for clients across digital activation disciplines
- Be an internal subject matter expert across media channels, with an emphasis on paid search, paid social, display, inclusive of programmatic buying and SEO
- Consult on the vetting and deployment of technology stacks, including DSP, adserving and SEM platform contracts
- Through hands-on leadership, ensure that the Performance Marketing team is deploying best-in-class strategy and execution of campaigns, aggressively testing to improve ROI and achieving desired results; put specifically, do award-winning work
- Co-lead the development of proprietary agency tools and technology
- Foster external partnerships in the Media and Technology space, and own said relationships
- Manage large, complex multi-million dollar budgets and provide regular forecasting updates
- Foster client relationships that promote partnership to achieve business goals
- Actively represent Edelman externally through presence at events/conferences, as well as through strong positive relationships with the sales community
- Recruit and onboard new talent as the practice expands and new client relationships are formed
- Proven track record (minimum 10 years) driving ROI for clients using superior digital media strategy and technology solutions
- Proven ability to grow and lead cross-functional teams (paid, SEO, tech, analytics)
- Deep experience in pitching new business and driving organic growth from existing client base
- Fearless approach to new business – knows how to sell like a challenger brand
- A comprehensive knowledge of the media ecosystem, spanning Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Retargeting, Video and Mobile. Email and Affiliate experience a plus
- Experience with advertising technology components – Adservers, DSPs, Tag Managers, Site-side Analytics, etc. DMP experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of – and experience with – media measurement, possessing the ability to recommend the right measurement and analytics solutions to clients based on use case; bonus points for omni-channel, cross-device and online-to-offline measurement experience
- Excellent communication and client servicing skills including phone, email, in-person presentations
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Vision, passion and tenacity required to articulate and champion Edelman’s digital activation capability both internally and externally to ultimately accelerate growth