If you’re the right candidate, you are an accomplished media professional with expertise in all aspects of the modern media landscape, but at your core you possess an opportunistic drive to revolutionize digital communication and measurement, obsessing over your client’s business and out-innovating the industry.
You’re excited by the chance to build the New York practice, shaping the marketing strategies of our most ambitious clients. You understand media math and measurement, attribution and optimization, but relish the prospect of leading & cultivating talent. Where others see media fragmentation and eroding ad value, you see a clear opportunity to build further business for Edelman Digital using data-driven, real-time marketing and storytelling.
Responsibilities of the EVP, Performance Marketing include:
- Leadership of the New York team, national presence for the Performance Marketing Practice and ownership of your own P&L;
- Providing senior strategic counsel on results-based initiatives leveraging media of all kinds, across a diverse set of major clients and industry verticals;
- Work with industry partners and cultivate additional relationships to ensure first-mover advantage in the space;
- Lead proposals and oversee budgets and timelines for client projects;
- Work closely with Edelman Digital’s established SEM, SEO and paid social experts to further enhance our market-leading capabilities in these areas, while building out additional areas of focus including programmatic;
- Understand online research techniques and methodologies, using them to support development/execution of client campaigns;
- Have a voice in developing further vendor partnerships, including buying platforms, financial systems, etc.;
- Integrate SMEs across media planning & buying, strategy & planning, analytics & attribution, ad tech, web development, content & creative, CXM, CRO, etc, to deliver the absolute strongest Performance Marketing offering to existing and perspective clients.
- Experience evaluating, negotiating, planning and purchasing online media, with specific focus on real-time optimization across social, search and programmatic; traditional buying experience a plus;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the entire online marketing ecosystem; email and Affiliate experience a plus;
- Passion for growing a practice, both by delivering whip-smart thinking to existing clients and winning new assignments in competitive and non-competitive environments;
- Experience managing large-scale media programs with a diverse set of clients, spanning consumer, B2B, health, etc.;
- Experience managing profitability, new business solicitation and quality of account service and employee development within an agency setting;
- Demonstrable experience building new capabilities to seize on market; opportunities, spanning offerings, processes, technologies, etc.;
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience.