Edelman Digital is the world’s first and largest global social agency with over one thousand employees. We combine our deep digital and social experience with Edelman’s communications expertise to create integrated and effective solutions for our clients. Our specialized areas, including planning, creative, paid media, influencer marketing, technology and analytics help clients evolve, promote, and protect their brands. By investing heavily in these specialties, Edelman is well-positioned to continue delivering best-in-class work to our clients in today’s complex media landscape.
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Vice President to lead our Paid Media strategy, search, planning and buying capability for Edelman Digital Chicago.
If you’re the right candidate, you are an accomplished Media professional with expertise in all aspects of the modern media landscape, but at your core you possess an opportunistic drive to revolutionize digital communication and impacting a client’s business
You see unprecedented opportunity for brands to create personalized and useful connections with, and among their consumers. You wish to build and lead the practice that will apply paid media strategies and cutting-edge advertising technology to amplify the communications of our largest client base. Armed with senior relationships at premier media outlets and pioneering technology platforms, you will help to shape our practice and the marketing strategies of our clients. You understand media math and measurement, attribution, and optimization. Where others see media fragmentation and eroding ad value, you see an opportunity to build business for Edelman in data-driven, real-time marketing and storytelling.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are no longer “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
Responsibilities of the SVP, Paid Media include:
- Provide senior strategic counsel on paid media and search initiatives across diverse set of clients and industry verticals
- Manage multiple facets of client programs including strategy development, campaign execution, and analytics and reporting
- Lead proposals and oversee budgets and timelines for client projects.
- Work with Edelman Search experts to establish and hone Edelman Digital’s unique paid media perspective
- Work with industry partners to gain insights and understanding into top trends and opportunities in the media space
- Understand online research techniques and methodologies and use them to support development/execution of client campaigns
- Aid in developing partnerships, including buying platforms, financial systems, and outside buying firms
- Further incorporate paid media into transmedia efforts and evangelize to traditional PR teams
- Experience evaluating, negotiating, planning and purchasing of traditional and online media, especially social, mobile and search media within an agency environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the entire online marketing ecosystem, spanning Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Retargeting, Video and Mobile. Email and Affiliate experience a plus
- Passion for growing a media strategy practice that focuses on paid media in conjunction with channel and content strategies
- Experience managing large-scale media programs with a diverse set of clients from consumer to B2B
- Ability to manage the budgets and interdisciplinary account teams on sizable pieces of business
- Experience managing account profitability, new business solicitation, and quality of account service and employee development within an agency setting
- Basic Qualifications: Minimum ten years of experience