Business Development & Client Engagement
- Prospecting potential new advertisers and buyers to add to current list clients for online publishing services, marketing conference and content marketing programs.
- Developing, selling and managing online programs and other paid branded content placements such as brand article series, videos and various sponsored content tactics in Digiday publications.
- Working with internal event planning, content studio and marketing teams to help maintain and develop marketing materials involving publication-related sales and event sponsorships
- Consulting with Management team on process improvements as it relates to business development, client retention and territory management and helping to implement them across the team.
- Account management and fulfillment duties as specified by Management and required to manage all client deliverables (updating the SalesForce, Sales Master, Sales Tracker and account lists, client management)
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience at brands, agencies, publishers and/or marketing/ad tech firms on East Coast
- Entry level experience working with major brands, publishers, agencies and/or tech platform in New York/North East area and their respective agencies
- Ability to build strong relationships with top marketing decision makers at strategic brands, ad agencies, tech platforms and/or publishers in the Eastern half of the U.S. who understand how to make and keep clients on the cutting edge;
- Experience with SFA tools like Salesforce.com to manage client and prospect pipeline within the assigned territory
- A basic understanding of the agency, publisher, ad tech, and mar tech environment
- Self-starter who can work in a very fast moving environment
- Role requires final candidate to be in Digiday office 5 days per week