SPANX is the revolutionary brand leader in the manufacture and sale of shapewear and intimate apparel. The Company enjoys worldwide distribution at high-end retail stores, upscale boutiques, televised shopping networks, online at Spanx.com and through our own retail stores. Spanx continues to experience phenomenal media, celebrity attention and consumer passion.
About the Role
The Creative Director / Art will ideate and direct creative initiatives that support achievement of business goals for Spanx and delight customers. This means you are a self-starter with strong communication, presentation and persuasive abilities. You are a non-conventional thinker who thrives in cultures where BIG & BOLD ideas are encouraged. You are highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible and able to manage multiple competing requests in a fast-paced environment. You must have experience leading and developing designers, copywriters and art directors while improving methods and standards to scale processes. You will lead the execution of creative concepts and are ultimately responsible for the delivery of the creative team’s projects. You are obsessed with brand vision and inspire in-house creative teams to achieve results.
You’ll Love It Because You Will…
- Work with the founder’s vision to develop and lead inspiring, fun, compelling and engaging consumer-facing creative direction across the Spanx ecosystem, including Spanx and the Spanx Foundation;
- Set visual tone and drive graphic consistency for design deliverables;
- Lead creatives in the creation of digital, graphic, media, print and packaging;
- Lead a unified design, tone and voice to create effective and provocative communications;
- Drive consumer demand and engagement through creative storytelling;
- Lead advertising and brand marketing campaigns that evoke an emotional response;
- Maintain a visual style and drive consistency for all deliverables across the business;
- Align on schedules and budgets and delegate tasks to designers within creative operations;
- Support clients with attractive and effective creative assets;
- Work with external agencies as needed to ensure consistency of brand voice, look and feel;
- Communicate and present your team’s work appropriately to the company and community; and
- Recruit, inspire, mentor, and develop the creative team.
- 10+ years of experience in art direction and / or graphic design, advertising, digital media and experiential marketing;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Display a deep understanding of Spanx brands, our products and consumers, and the company’s mission;
- Stunning portfolio packed with a wide range of visual styles for retail and / or apparel brands;
- Art Direction / 360 brand experience with formal training in conceptual and design skills, as well as experience maintaining tone of voice, including print, DM, e-mail, online advertising and websites;
- Expertise in Adobe applications and an overall understanding of digital production and the capabilities within those channels (familiarity with Flash, After Effects, and video production is an added bonus);
- A passion and expertise for managing talent—you’ll come in ready to recruit, lead and develop our creative team;
- Proven campaign success through increased sales;
- Lifestyle marketing expertise with a passion for storytelling;
- Expert knowledge of creating optimized graphics, GIFs and videos for digital purposes;
- A positive attitude, attention to detail, strong communication skills and an adventurous spirit that seeks out every opportunity to be surprisingly creative—a playful sense of humor is key;
- Experienced in making informed recommendations and successfully presenting to and influencing senior management in written and visual form;
- Strategic thinker and risk-taker, willing to push the envelope to bring innovative ideas to life;
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities; and
- Extremely comfortable with entrepreneurial, problem-solving, experimental approaches to work with a threshold for dealing with occasional ambiguity in an effort to test and try new things.