Digiday UK is looking for a new brands reporter to join the London-based editorial team. This role will specifically focus on coverage of the digital marketing sector in the UK and Europe. The candidate will be enthusiastic about helping grow the Digiday brand in the UK, and able to identify and produce stories that are relevant to brands and agencies’ ranging from their own digital marketing strategies, to how their legacy businesses are adapting to changes in the digital environment. An interest in brands and how they are using digital platforms like Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook is required, along with an interest in wider marketing trends.
- Writing five stories a week on marketing-related topics.
- Building and cultivating brand and agency sources.
- Attending external events and representing the Digiday brand.
- Pitching stories that can be used either as shorter daily pieces, or longer features.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest in the business underpinnings that drive and inform marketing, brands and agencies.
- Three years or more experience.
- Be able to work quickly and independently out of the London office five days a week.
Please include salary requirements and a 500-word memo on how you would approach the beat, along with your CV.