Dual Report to: Co-Founders for Creative Direction & CEO for Performance/Execution
The VP of Marketing is a senior marketing executive and e-Commerce business leader with extensive experience in brand development, building compelling, digital-first integrated marketing programs and innovative experiences. The VP will convey the Beekman 1802 story, via design and implementation of such marketing programs, to acquire & retain Beekman Neighbors of all ages, expanding our current demographic and extending into new demographics, driving long-term growth and building enduring brand equity across all categories and channels.
This is a new and very important, executive position for someone willing to roll-up his or her sleeves to build a comprehensive strategy, budget and team, within a fast-paced, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Job Responsibilities)
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a marketing strategy, focusing on growth & performance, to drive Neighbor acquisition, retention and brand recognition across all digital and traditional touchpoints;
- Establish strategic brand positioning and develop marketing campaigns for current and emerging products within our core categories of Beauty, Food and Home;
- Collaborate with Executive Team to define strategic vision and create a marketing roadmap to bring the vision to life;
- Collaborate with creative teams and agencies to design inspiring marketing campaigns, content and press that drives traffic and increases brand equity;
- Oversee product launch schedules with pre-launch initiatives to generate hype and traction;
- Create, implement and evolve integrated solutions for CRM, Mobile, Social and Customer Retention;
- Work with Executive Team and agencies to define and report on Marketing goals and show Marketing's impact on all distribution channels;
- Build and manage Marketing budget and spend to maximize ROI and profit targets;
- Oversee digital & e-Commerce reporting, establishing and enhancing KPIs to increase ROI;
- Build, lead and cultivate a team that includes SEO, SEM, best practices, social media, influencer marketing, content marketing, Email marketing, site administration and retention;
- Identify, retain and manage outside vendors and agencies;
- Identify new areas of e-Commerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking and keep the Company at the forefront of new technologies;
- Partner with Executive Team on selection and implementation of e-Commerce redesign & new ERP platform.
- Excellent grasp of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practices:
- Deep knowledge of and extensive experience with SEO, SEM, Media buys, retargeting and paid social media
- Ability to introduce change effectively, collaborate and lead others in development and implementation of key initiatives;
- Prior success in building a marketing department, managing a marketing team, and partnering with other internal teams to achieve organizational goals;
- Deep understanding of emerging competitor & industry trends;
- Strong business judgement and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and execute the highest impact initiatives;
- Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present recommendations;
- Strong oral & written communication skills; ability to convey information clearly, concisely & effectively; including ability to present to and influence the organization and Executive Management;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task & manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plus HSA and FSA for applicable health plans to keep you and your family healthy;
- Competitive retirement plans to help you plan for the future;
- Generous paid time off program so you can take time off when you need it;
- Paid leave for new parents so you can bond with your family.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business Administration from a nationally recognized, accredited undergraduate program; MBA preferred;
- 10+ years’ experience in Multi-channel/Omni-channel marketing (e-Commerce, Direct, Retail, and Wholesale) with demonstrated track record of success;
- Multi-category experience in premium-branded/premium-priced products a plus, including Beauty, Fashion, Food, Home, etc.;
- Previous experience and success in launching new e-commerce and social platforms;
- Robust MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills;